Friday, December 18, 2009

Ingenuity

November 22, 2009

This past week our entire house was plagued with the stomach flu. Every single member of our family(except the baby) succumbed to the bug. With 8 people sick you can imagine the laundry. Finally, as we thought the storm had passed the weekend came and so did Date night. Halfway through our date I remembered that I had taken the twins washed bedding up to their room and put it on Ella's bed, but I had never gotten around to making the beds. Cord called the babysitter and explained the situation. She told him no problem she had already put them to bed. Needless to say I was impressed. The kids were in bed, on time... Way to go Babysitter.

Later when we got home Cord went up to check on the kids. He came downstairs laughing. Instead of making the beds the babysitter was creative and just put all of the girls in Ella's bed. They loved it. They were all snuggled up fast asleep. I have no idea how she got them to fall asleep and not play. Kudos to her.

It turns out the twins had played with their sheets and hid them under the bed. Instead of complaining the babysitter improvised. I think we could all take a lesson from her ingenuity. If there is a problem find a solution and move on.

Ella sound asleep

Reese and Riley snuggled together.
Who knew you could fit three kids so comfortably in a twin bed.

No comments: