Thursday, June 25, 2009

Side tracked

Okay yesterday I got completely side tracked from my to do list getting the laundry done. I was upstairs in Ella and Cole's room putting away clothes when I noticed a picture frame I had been meaning to put on their wall. So one thing lead to another and before I knew it I was knee deep in a project that I had been putting off for months, decorating their room. It took a lot longer than I expected, after all when you are faced with the task of putting elephants and sailboats together in one room, one can only hope for the best. There are still a few things that need to be repainted to match, but I am afraid this is how it will remain for the time being. I am not a crafty person or a decorator, but the main thing is that Ella loves it, and most of all it is done.

Ella's side of the room

Ella's favorite part of the room "the elephant family picture" A.K.A my only craft project of the year.

This is Curtis the Curtain holder. Ella thought that the curtain holdbacks made a great place to stand and ripped one of them out of the wall. So in the interim. Curt does the job.

Cole's side of the room. I had him get in his crib and reach as high as he could and then put the shelf up about 3 inches from that. If you look closely you will see the little guy hanging out in his crib.

3 comments:

Janiebelle007 said...

Hollie, you are amazing. i don't want to hear you say you are not crafty. The decorating is the proof.

bow mom said...

good job! I like Cole's train too.

SchraderFamily said...

Hello Schraders! This is Britney and Michael! I was so excited to see that you have a blog! It's nice to be able to see what everybody's doing and your beautiful son! We haven't ever had a chance to see him. He is sooo cute! All your kids are. Well, hope to hear from you again soon. Love Britney, Michael, Jackson and Jocelyn.