Monday, June 1, 2009

Hope for Sweet Emma Carnival

Saturday, June 30, 2009

Today was The Hope for Sweet Emma Bennefit It was a carnival event that was planned to help out one of the girls at Kinley's school. She was diagnosed this past fall with an inoperable brain tumor. Cord and I had volunteered to help out with the silent auction. So between our shifts we thought we would take the kids to the event and let them enjoy the games, treats, and bouncy houses.

It was held at the county fair grounds here in town. I was expecting to see a few hundred people at the carnival, but I clearly underestimated the amazing strength of a small community. There were literally thousands of people there to support this family.

It was a beautiful day and the kids had a great time. It was a great opportunity to teach the kids about reaching out to others in need.

Riley striking a pose.

Riley,Ella, and Reese. Reese picked out her own shoes (woolly winter boots) and got in the car before I saw. Imagine my surprise when we got to the carnival and she got out of the car with her winter boots on...

Ella, Reese, and Tate.

Cole enjoying his sucker.

Cord and his girls

No comments: