Monday, June 1, 2009

Welcome back cable

For the past year we have become unplugged. We got rid of Dish TV and just went with an antenna. At first it was an adjustment, but it has been a great year without the distractions of a million channels on the TV.

Well, as we all know June 12th is just around the corner. All of the different companies are offering various deals to get cable or satellite. We found a great deal that upgraded our Internet, saved us a bunch on our phone, and it included cable. After a few months of deliberation we decided to go ahead and do it. I have always said that we need to have cable when I have a new baby so I can watch Headline News during the middle of the night feedings(it keeps you awake, informed, and you don't get stuck in the middle of a show when the feeding ends, so it is easy to turn off and go to bed).

The morning after we got the cable hooked up we had a crazy morning, and I needed something to keep the kids occupied while I got ready. I just turned on Nick JR. and they were enthralled to see an old friend, Dora. Thank you cable....

Riley, Cole, Ella, Reese, and Serafina watching TV.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

When we first moved to our current home, we did this. We had no TV. Not even the local channels worked. We watched Netflix movies instead. It was great. That lasted about a year and a half. Then the BYU football team was in a bowl game and hubby wanted to see....its been downhill ever since.