Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Cole's first hair cut

Saturday was a day of many first. First and foremost Cole had his first haircut. The other big first was that Cord gave his first haircut. Cole's hair had been getting shaggy over the past few months and I have been reminding Cord of the deal we made when Cole was born. I take care of the girls hair and he would cut Cole's hair. At the time it seemed like a great deal. (We'll see what Cord thinks when he has to cut Cole's hair every month for the next 18 years).

Cord came walking in the kitchen holding Cole and a regular pair of scissors. He asked me to hold Cole while he trimmed his hair. Luckily for all of us I had a different plan. I suggested he put Cole in his highchair give him a sucker and use the clipper to cut his hair. This worked really well and then in the end I held Cole so Cord could do the final touch ups. We were all rookies, but in the end Cole had a great little haircut.

I know at this point all of you who have cut your little ones hair are laugh at us amateurs. We are asking, no pleading for advice or pointers.

Here are the pictures.
Cord the barber


the hair that we cut off

One handsome little guy

1 comment:

bow mom said...

wow your brave, no adivse here. I've only cut Rissa's bangs once and that ended in disaster. My bank account wishes I was braver. Good Job