Thursday, October 16, 2008

THE NOMINATION FOR WORLD'S WORST MOM...ME

Okay, I have gone against all parenting books and have been either nursing Cole to sleep or snuggling him. Ignoring the whole put your baby in his crib when he is drowsy so he learn to put himself to sleep theory. Well it has come back to bite me in the rear. After months of sleeping through the night Cole has been waking up a lot at night lately. So to try and help him sleep better I have been putting him down for naps when he is tired and letting him cry for a minute or two.

Well, today I put him down and after a few minutes he was still crying. I gave him a few more minutes thinking that he is so tired he will be out in just a second. Well, after several minutes I went upstairs to check on him and much to my shock and horror he was standing in his crib holding onto the rail for dear life. (You see he has yet to stand up or pull him self up to anything so I hadn't lowered his mattress. I was going to do it this weekend, but you never guess what I just got done doing). I didn't know I could still run so fast. I picked him up and the poor little Buddy just clung to me.

This picture was taken after the fact. (No child was injured in the taking of this or any of the following pictures).






Here he is in his safer crib.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

How scary! Too bad they don't warn us before they do new things that are potentially dangerous! :)