Monday, March 9, 2009

Laundry :(

I will preface this post by saying, "I hate laundry". I don't actually hate the laundry itself it is more the process and it's never ending nature. My love and hate relationship with laundry began shortly after Kinley was born and all of a sudden I had all of these tiny little clothes to fold. It seemed that as soon as I got all of the clothes folded and put way there was already a new pile of dirty clothes. I remember thinking laundry for three people was so overwhelming. I now laugh at the thought.

I am constantly doing laundry. I have tried to dedicate one day a week to the effort, but with barfy babies, potty training kids, and all other wonders that my kids can perform. I find myself doing at least 2-3 loads a day except for Sunday. It seems if I take even one day off, it becomes impossible to catch up. In fact, right after Cole was born I started counting how many loads of laundry I was doing in a week. I stopped counting after one week when I did 27 loads (it was of course when Cole had reflux and was spitting up on everything all day long, and Reese and Riley regressed in their potty training and had several accidents each a day as well as some during the night. I am just grateful that I have a front loading washer and dryer, because I don't even want to think how many loads it would have been then.
Luckily, we are down to about 18-20 loads a week.

I have hopes of someday having an empty laundry room, empty hampers, and dressers and closets full of neatly pressed clean clothes. Until that day this love hate relationship will have to continue. My kids loving to get clothes dirty and me hating the world of laundry.

3 comments:

Janette said...

I could have written this post! I hate the never-ending nature of laundry, too. Ugh.

bow mom said...

I agree I have this sick dream of standing in front of an empty washer and dryer with clean clothes on and nothing in sight to put in the washer. Yeah maybe someday. Until then. I'll be counting the piles and complaining. I wish I could pay someone to do my laundry!

Leslie said...

Amen Sista! We recently were "blessed" when our washer died and repairs were going to cost around $500! The blessing came when we got a brand new set of enormous capacity front loaders!! I hate laundry too. We need to talk strategy sometime. I have a few tricks that I have figured out!