The past two and a half weeks at our house has been the "Land of Colds". It seemed that as soon as one of us was feeling better, a few more would come down with the same darn cold. Everyone has now had there turn with this feisty cold. I myself was very greedy and decided to take two turns with the cold. Blah... So there is not much to blog about. Between Cole's hands and all of the high fevers that came with the colds we went through 3 bottles of Motrin(:
Last week Cole got his bandages off of his right hand. The Dr. wanted us to keep the left hand wrapped for a few more days. Cord looked at the Dr and said you know he won't keep his bandages on. The Dr. smiled and told him to do the best we could.
Well, that night we re wrapped Cole's hand and put him to bed. When I got him out of crib the next morning he was chewing on his bandages he had pulled off. I re wrapped it again, but this time I actually taped the wrap to his arm thinking it would hurt if he tried to pull it off. It didn't stop him. After re wrapping his hand two more times in two hours I decided to safety pin the sock we put over his bandages to the inside of his sleeve. I figured if he couldn't get the sock off he wouldn't be able to take off the bandages. I put him down for his nap, knowing I had won the battle. When I went to check on him I found that he had pulled his arm into his sleeve and then pulled off his bandages. That little guy was determined he wanted his hand back. After wrapping his hands 4 times in less than 4 hours. I gave up the battle, and decided he could just wear a sock on his hand. Which he does for a few minutes and then he takes it off, and then I put it back on. It is a great game, or so he thinks. The sock lasted the rest of the day and after that he won the battle and his hands are both bare and free. His hands are looking great and he is happy to be back in action. He loves feeding himself again, and just rolling things between his fingers.
Closing out 2023
2 years ago




1 comment:
Aw! I'm so glad he's healing so well. I hope you're all feeling better soon. I hate flu/cold season!
Post a Comment