So once the first step of moving every one's stuff was complete, then came the decorating part. Kinley's room was easy, other than all of the sewing and searching craigslist for shelves and a desk. The challenge was an elephant and snake themed jungle room. I spent many hours at various fabric stores looking for any cute snake material, let me say it does not exist. In the end I had to settle for a cute jungle panel that had a snake in the top corner. After a few alterations we finally had a duvet cover.
Next came the task of searching the Internet for some cute Elephant decals(super easy to find) and friendly snake decals (impossible to find). After many unsuccessful searches on the later, and too expensive of finds on the first, I decided I needed a new plan. Then came the crazy idea of painting them on the walls. Let me remind you I have a hard time drawing a straight line so what possessed me to think about this brilliant plan was beyond me. So unbeknown to the kids or Cord one day while the boys were napping and the girls were watching a movie I went into the room and started with pencil drawing a snake and a few elephants on the wall. You can imagine the surprise on Cord's face when he walked in and I was painting a huge elephant on the wall, let alone the snake. Oh I forgot to mention this room is in the basement that we finished. So every coat of drywall, mud, primer, and paint was an event and here I was defiling it with blue elephants and a green snake. Luckily for me Cord is very easy going.
So here is the jungle room.
Tate's Duvet
Herman Tate's old halloween costume is now hanging above her on the canopy.
Dotty the snake.
Tate's side of the room (the chandelier is from the princess room it still needs to be moved).
Tate's bookshelf with Evil Eye coiled on top.
The snake lamp. The white snakes are actually glow in the dark so it is a cool little effect.
The jungle A.K.A. the closet doors.
Christie and Zuri. Ella's elaphants.
The mirror.
Monty the mounted elephant head.
Ella's side of the room. Note that half of her elephants are not pictured they are in a bucket under her bed.
Part of Ella's elephant collection.




1 comment:
You are a great mom. Nothing snake in my house. I can't stand the creatures.
Post a Comment