
Happy 34th Birthday Cord!!! Today was Cord's birthday, unfortunately with a new baby we weren't able to do all of the fun things we had planned, but we had a great day. The girls all made lots of cards and presents for Daddy. We had a great time getting both of his cakes made (Pineapple upside down cake and Apricot upside down cake). Other than the fact, the cakes boiled over in the oven and the whole house was filled with smoke, and all of the smoke detectors kept going off. Which cause 5 little girls to run around the house screaming, "The house is on fire. We're all going to die!" There is no drama at our house :)
Things were a little hectic trying to get everything done before the babysitter came. So in my haste I put the candles in the hot cakes. I went and got everyone to sing to Cord, but when we all got together the candles were gone. They had melted into the cake. YUMMY!!! Luckily there were more candles and the cake was not as hot so we were able to sing and have cake with the kids before we left :)
Cord and I went out to eat at an All You Can Sushi and Chinese restaurant followed by a trip to Mall of America to look for a new suit. We didn't find a suit, but we had a great time.
I am very grateful to have such an amazing husband. When we celebrated his birthday together for the first time 9 years ago. I had no idea how fun, crazy, and wonderful the next few years would be. We have crammed a whole lot in the last few years. A wedding, 3 new houses, 3 different employers, living in three different states, and most importantly 7 beautiful children. Through all of this Cord has been my rock and my best friend. I love you Cord!




1 comment:
I made that mistake with a peach cobbler before. Good thing the candles were blue, so we knew what part not to eat.
Post a Comment